Part number : PIC16F628A, PIC16F628A-I/P
Functions : FLASH-Based 8-Bit CMOS Microcontroller
Package information : PDIP, SOIC, SSOP, 28-Pin QFN Type
Manufacturer : Microchip Technology
The PIC16F627A / PIC16F628A / PIC16F648A are 18-Pin FLASHbased members of the versatile PIC16CXX family of low cost, high performance, CMOS, fully-static, 8-bit microcontrollers.
All PICmicro microcontrollers employ an advanced RISC architecture. The PIC16F627A / PIC16F628A / PIC16F648A have enhanced core features, eight-level deep stack, and multiple internal and external interrupt sources. The separate instruction and data buses of the Harvard architecture allow a 14-bit wide instruction word with the separate 8-bit wide data. The two-stage instruction pipeline allows all instructions to execute in a singlecycle, except for program branches (which require two cycles). A total of 35 instructions (reduced instruction set) are available, complemented by a large register set.
1. High Performance RISC CPU:
(1) Operating speeds from DC – 20 MHz
(2) Interrupt capability
(3) 8-level deep hardware stack
(4) Direct, Indirect and Relative Addressing modes
(5) 35 single word instructions – All instructions single cycle except branches
2. Special Microcontroller
(1) Internal and external oscillator options
– Precision Internal 4 MHz oscillator factory calibrated to ±1%
– Low Power Internal 37 kHz oscillator
– External Oscillator support for crystals and resonators.
(2) Power saving SLEEP mode
(3) Programmable weak pull-ups on PORTB
(4) Multiplexed Master Clear/Input-pin
(5) Watchdog Timer with independent oscillator for reliable operation
(6) Low voltage programming