Part number : P1013AP13, NCP1013AP13
Functions : High Voltage Switching Regulator for Offline SMPS
Package : DIP 7 Pin type
Manufactures : ON Semiconductor
The P1013AP13 is integrates a fixed-frequency current-mode controller and a 700 V voltage MOSFET. Housed in a PDIP7 package, the P1013AP13 offers everything needed to build a rugged and low-cost power supply, including soft-start, frequency jittering, short-circuit protection, skip-cycle, a maximum peak current setpoint and a Dynamic Self-Supply (no need for an auxiliary winding).
Unlike other monolithic solutions, the NCP101X is quiet by nature: during nominal load operation, the part switches at one of the available frequencies (65-100-130 kHz). When the current setpoint falls below a given value, e.g. the output power demand diminishes, the IC automatically enters the so-called skip cycle mode and provides excellent efficiency at light loads. Because this occurs at typically 1/4 of the maximum peak value, no acoustic noise takes place. As a result, standby power is reduced to the minimum without acoustic noise generation.
1. Built-in 700V MOSFET with Typical RdsON of 11 or 22 Ohms
2. Large Creepage Distance between High-Voltage Pins
3. Current- Mode Fixed Frequency Operation: 65kHz – 100kHz – 130kHz
4. Skip-Cycle Operation at Low Peak Currents Only: No Acoustic Noise!
5. Dynamic Self-Supply, No Need of an Auxiliary Winding
6. Internal 1ms Soft-Start
[ … ]
1. Auxiliary Power Supplies
2. Low Power AC/DC Adapter for Chargers