Part number : DS18B20
Functions : Programmable Resolution 1-Wire Digital Thermometer
Package :TO-92, SOIC 8 Pin type
Manufactures : Dallas Semiconductor, Maxim IC
The Digital Thermometer provides 9 to 12-bit (configurable) temperature readings which indicate the temperature of the device.
Information is sent to/from the DS18B20 over a 1-Wire interface, so that only one wire (and ground) needs to be connected from a central microprocessor to a DS18B20. Power for reading, writing, and performing temperature conversions can be derived from the data line itself with no need for an external power source.
GND – Ground
DQ – Data In/Out
VDD – Power Supply Voltage
NC – No Connect
1. Unique 1-Wire interface requires only one port pin for communication
2. Multidrop capability simplifies distributed temperature sensing applications
3. Requires no external components
4. Can be powered from data line. Power supply range is 3.0V to 5.5V
5. Zero standby power required
[ … ]