ALC898 Datasheet PDF learn more. The ALC898 is a multi-channel High Definition Audio Codec with Realtek proprietary loss-less content protection technology that protects pre-recorded content while still allowing full-rate audio enjoyment from DVD audio, Blu-rayTM DVD, or HD DVD discs.
Part number : ALC898
Functions : This is a kind of semiconductor, 7.1+2 CHANNEL HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CODEC.
Package information :
Manufacturer : Realtek
The texts in the PDF file :
The ALC898 provides ten DAC channels that simultaneously support 7.1 sound playback, plus 2 channels of independent stereo sound output (multiple streaming) through the front panel stereo outputs. Two stereo ADCs and one stereo digital microphone converter are integrated and can support a microphone array with Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), Beam Forming (BF), and Noise Suppression (NS) technologies. The ALC898 incorporates Realtek proprietary converter technology to achieve 110dB Signal-to-Noise ratio (SNR) playback (DAC) quality and 104dB SNR recording (ADC) quality, and is designed for Windows Vista premium desktop and laptop systems.
All analog I/O are input and output capable, and headphone amplifiers are also integrated at eight analog output ports (port-A to port-H). All analog I/Os can be re-tasked according to user’s definitions.
Support for 16/20/24-bit S/PDIF input and output with up to 192kHz sample rate offers easy connection of PCs to consumer electronic products such as digital decoders and speakers. The ALC898 features secondary S/PDIF-OUT output and converter that transport digital audio output to a High Definition Media Interface (HDMI) transmitter. [ … ]
1. Emulation of 26 sound environments to enhance gaming experience
2. Multi bands of software equalizer and tool are provided
3. Voice Cancellation and Key Shifting effect
4. Dynamic range control (expander, compressor and limiter) with adjustable parameters
5. Intuitive Configuration Panel (Realtek Audio Manager) to enhance user experience
6. Microphone Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), Noise Suppression (NS), and Beam Forming (BF)
technology for voice applicationd