78M05 is 5V Positive voltage regulator
Part number : 78M05, L78M05, TA78M05
Functions : Output Current of 0.5 A, Three-Terminal Voltage Regulator
Package information : DPAK, TO-220
Manufacturer : STMicroelectronics, Toshiba
The 78M05, L78M00 series of three-terminal positive regulators is available in TO-220, ISOWATT220, SOT-82, SOT-194 and DPAK packages and with several fixed output voltages, making it useful in a wide range of applications. These regulators can provide local on-card regulation, eliminating the distribution problems associated with single point regulation. Each type employs internal current limiting, thermal shut-down and safe area protection, making it essentially indestructible. If adequate heat sinking is provided, they can deliver over 0.5A output current. Although designed primarily as fixed voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable voltages and currents.
1. Suitable for CMOS, TTL and the power supply of the other digital ICs
2. Internal overheating protection.
3. Internal overcurrent protection.
4. Maximum output current of 0.5 A.
5. Packaged in New PW-Mold (Surface-mount type).
6. THERMAL OVERLOAD PROTECTION
7. SHORT CIRCUIT PROTECTION
8. OUTPUT TRANSISTOR SOA PROTECTION