Part number : 74HC595, SN74HC595, 74HC595N, 74HC595D
Functions : 8-Bit Serial-in/serial or Parallel-out Shift Register with output latches
Package information : DIP16, SO 16, SSOP 16, TSSOP 16 Type
Manufacturer : Philips, NXP, ON Semiconductor
The 74HC595 / 74HCT595 are high-speed Si-gate CMOS devices and are pin compatible with low power Schottky TTL (LSTTL). They are specified in compliance with JEDEC standard no. 7A.
The “595” is an 8-stage serial shift register with a storage register and 3-state outputs. The shift register and storage register have separate clocks. Data is shifted on the positive-going transitions of the SHCP input. The data in each register is transferred to the storage register on a positive-going transition of the STCP input. If both clocks are connected together, the shift register will always be one clock pulse ahead of the storage register.
1. 8-bit serial input
2. 8-bit serial or parallel output
3. Storage register with 3-state outputs
4. Shift register with direct clear
5. 100 MHz (typ) shift out frequency
6. Output capability:
– parallel outputs; bus driver
– serial output; standard
7. ICC category: MSI.
1. Serial-to-parallel data conversion
2. Remote control holding register.