Part number : 0Z9938GN
Correct Part number : OZ9938GN
Functions : LCDM Inverter Controller
Package information : SOP 16 Pin
Manufacturer : O2Micro
The OZ9938 is a high performance, cost-effective CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp) controller designed for driving large-size Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) applications requiring 2 to 6 CCFLs.
The controller converts unregulated DC voltages into a nearly sinusoidal lamp voltage and current
The OZ9938 provides two drive signals for most power conversion topologies while maintaining
high-efficiency operation. The PWM controller provides a soft-start operation, current and
voltage regulation, over-voltage and over-current protection, high drive capability and multiple
dimming functions (internal PWM or external PWMor analog dimming functions).
The control logic provides a regulated ignition voltage and appropriate protection features for over-voltage or over-current conditions. The OZ9938 offers a high level of integration, while maintaining flexibility and high-efficiency operation that reduces external component heating, resulting in higher reliability and longer CCFL life. The proprietary design technique provides a simple, low-cost system solution.
1. Positive PWM dimming polarity
2. Constant operating frequency
3. Drives positive/negative-impedance lamps during ignition
4. High drive current for external MOSFETs
5. User-defined ignition time and shutdown delay time
6. Multiple mode dimming control
7. Built-in intelligence for ignition and normal operation of CCFLs
8. Built-in open-lamp protection and over voltage protection for backlight system
9. Optimized soft-start function
0Z9938GN Datasheet PDF
Datasheet PDF Download : [ 0z9938.PDF ]